Serves: 8 | Prep time: 15 mins
If you love a mix of sweet and savoury, our Mixed Nut Brittle will sate your sweet tooth and give a salty kick to this delicious snack. Serve as an accompaniment to tea or coffee.
- Unsalted butter, softened, for the baking sheet.
- 2 cups sugar - Pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups Rita Farhi mixed nuts from the nut selection
- Vegetable oil for the spatula
- Butter a rimmed baking sheet; set aside.
- Mix sugar, 1/2 cup water, and salt in a medium saucepan.
- Cook over high heat, without stirring, until sugar melts and turns golden for about 3 minutes.
- Continue to cook, occasionally stirring, until the sugar has melted and the mixture turns golden amber, about 10 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat. Stir in your selected Rita Farhi nuts. Immediately pour the mixture onto the buttered baking sheet.
- Quickly spread the mixture to 1/2 inch thick using an oiled metal spatula.
- Let cool it completely, about 15 minutes. Once it has set, break the brittle into pieces. Your brittle can be stored in an airtight container for up to two weeks.
Try adding our chilli powder sprinkled peanuts for a spicy kick!