Ingredient base for all drinks:
These are the base ingredients for all the enhanced hot chocolates. For vegan or vegetarian-friendly options, use plant-based milk such as Oatly Barista, as it works well in hot drinks and a dairy-free cocoa powder.
- Drinking Cocoa Powder
- Milk, heated gently on a stove, enough to fill the majority of your glass
- Whipped cream (either from a can or whipped using an electric whisk.
- Put milk into a pan and start to heat slowly.
- Add cocoa powder (measurement according to packet).
- Stir all constantly until heated and all combined.
- Pour into your glass, leaving at least 0.5cm at the top of the glass.
- Leave for 1 minute to settle, and add the whipped cream to a peak.
- Now it’s time to decorate (see over the page).
- One tablespoon of Biscoff (or lotus) spread.
- Rita Farhi chocolate-coated ginger.
- Rita Farhi Salted caramel almonds
- Make the hot chocolate according to the first step.
- Before adding cream, add a tablespoon of Biscoff spread and stir until dissolved.
- Add whipped cream to the top.
- Take a teaspoon of Biscoff/lotus spread and heat gently for a couple of minutes or until it becomes liquid; drizzle on the cream.
- Carefully add the pieces of chocolate-coated ginger and salted caramel almonds to the cream and serve a few on the side.